original cdrecord is available here:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
The original cdrecord SHOULD be back in a new enough version of debian, but apparently it is NOT, even if iot SHOULD , or else....
why is wodim still there in knoppix 6.4.3 ?
I just downloaded the newest knoppix available ( 6.7.1 ) but no way am I gonna produce a faulty CD by using wodim to burn it. So, I just have to copy the .iso image from my linux machine (running knoppix 6.4.3) to my windows machine to burn it from withing Windows XP.
I have had several erroneously burned CD's ( all burned using wodim ).
With Windows XP, all CDs were burned correctly during last 10 years.
wodim = trash, please get rid of it in favor of the original cdrecord by Joerg Schilling.
I'd like very much to see the original cdrecord in the next knoppix released.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67