-
Get rid of WODIM, original cdrecord is a LOT better !
original cdrecord is available here:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
The original cdrecord SHOULD be back in a new enough version of debian, but apparently it is NOT, even if iot SHOULD , or else....
why is wodim still there in knoppix 6.4.3 ?
I just downloaded the newest knoppix available ( 6.7.1 ) but no way am I gonna produce a faulty CD by using wodim to burn it. So, I just have to copy the .iso image from my linux machine (running knoppix 6.4.3) to my windows machine to burn it from withing Windows XP.
I have had several erroneously burned CD's ( all burned using wodim ).
With Windows XP, all CDs were burned correctly during last 10 years.
wodim = trash, please get rid of it in favor of the original cdrecord by Joerg Schilling.
I'd like very much to see the original cdrecord in the next knoppix released.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97