original cdrecord is available here:
http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html
The original cdrecord SHOULD be back in a new enough version of debian, but apparently it is NOT, even if iot SHOULD , or else....
why is wodim still there in knoppix 6.4.3 ?
I just downloaded the newest knoppix available ( 6.7.1 ) but no way am I gonna produce a faulty CD by using wodim to burn it. So, I just have to copy the .iso image from my linux machine (running knoppix 6.4.3) to my windows machine to burn it from withing Windows XP.
I have had several erroneously burned CD's ( all burned using wodim ).
With Windows XP, all CDs were burned correctly during last 10 years.
wodim = trash, please get rid of it in favor of the original cdrecord by Joerg Schilling.
I'd like very much to see the original cdrecord in the next knoppix released.

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$334.67