-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
@ kl522
Thanks for your comments.
I suppose one could, with your help, tailor each command this way, but it's
still much easier to just to call up a 'real' lxterminal and enter the cli command.
My point here is the action of LXDE's Alt-F2/Run is just weird in the absolute,
let alone compared to several other well-established alternative standards.
This is not something I put emphasis on and I have no experience using other desktops in this 'run' dialog. So I can't compare the "other well-establish alternative standards".
But for the minimum, I noticed that you get the same thing in Windows XP. Try to enter 'ipconfig', 'route' etc into Windows Start->run. It will not work properly !
On the other hand, I think it's a trivial source code change to add two checkboxes, one checkbox for 'run program in terminal emulator' and another checkbox for 'keep terminal emulator window open'. It's a matter of whether the author feels like wanting to add this into the 'run' dialog.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98