Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: installing Knoppix - what's next ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    installing Knoppix - what's next ?

    Hello
    Thank you all for your kind help thus far.
    But now I have a slight confusion for which I would like a solution please.

    OK so I have Knoppix running off the CD
    I have done the knx-hdinstall and find myself at the screen with all my partitions on show.

    Now the partition I wish to use ( having made it available ) is hde10 and it's formatted in NTFS.

    When I select it, ' Boot ' comes up next to it.

    There are some buttons down the bottom to select.

    Where do I go from here ?
    Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown on the procedure please.

    Much thanks
    Cheers Amit

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: installing Knoppix - what's next ?

    Quote Originally Posted by amit
    Hello
    Thank you all for your kind help thus far.
    But now I have a slight confusion for which I would like a solution please.

    OK so I have Knoppix running off the CD
    I have done the knx-hdinstall and find myself at the screen with all my partitions on show.
    You're in cfdisk a partitioning program.

    Now the partition I wish to use ( having made it available ) is hde10 and it's formatted in NTFS.

    When I select it, ' Boot ' comes up next to it.

    There are some buttons down the bottom to select.
    That's because /dev/hde10 is set to be 'bootable'. You can change it or leave it with the options at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't need to be bootable but it won't hurt if it is.

    Where do I go from here ?
    Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown on the procedure please.
    Here's a how-to

Similar Threads

  1. Help with installing Knoppix 3.6
    By runaway in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 02:19 AM
  2. Installing XP after Knoppix
    By Jseegs in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 01:22 AM
  3. Installing Knoppix to MBR
    By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 12:25 PM
  4. installing knoppix 3.1
    By bob_man_uk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 10:03 AM
  5. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC picture

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC

$115.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1539.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$312.73