-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: installing Knoppix - what's next ?

Originally Posted by
amit
Hello
Thank you all for your kind help thus far.
But now I have a slight confusion for which I would like a solution please.
OK so I have Knoppix running off the CD
I have done the knx-hdinstall and find myself at the screen with all my partitions on show.
You're in cfdisk a partitioning program.
Now the partition I wish to use ( having made it available ) is hde10 and it's formatted in NTFS.
When I select it, ' Boot ' comes up next to it.
There are some buttons down the bottom to select.
That's because /dev/hde10 is set to be 'bootable'. You can change it or leave it with the options at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't need to be bootable but it won't hurt if it is.
Where do I go from here ?
Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown on the procedure please.
Here's a how-to
Similar Threads
-
By runaway in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 02:19 AM
-
By Jseegs in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 01:22 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 12:25 PM
-
By bob_man_uk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 10:03 AM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 400/800 Programming Language Pilot W/ Turtle Graphics COMPLETE
$49.95

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75