Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: cannot boot from knoppix 6.7 installed on HD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    cannot boot from knoppix 6.7 installed on HD

    Hi,
    I am new to knoppix coming from ubuntu, I like the liveCD version I wanted to install in one my Harddisk partition I boot from the knoppix 6.7 liveCD usb, and used the 0wn feature to install knoppix on HD everything went perfect except I didn't installed any bootloader as in my other Partition Ubuntu already has grub so I just update-grub to list Knoppix in grub.
    When I rebooted the pc I selected the Knoppix option but it only displays two lines and just hangs there like ever. The last line it displays is "Booting kernel"

    after that nothing happens please tell what to do since the LiveCD version of Knoppix is booting perfectly from USB but I cannot boot from the Installed version of it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I could be helpful to know the section of GRUB's configuration file you boot Knoppix with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS picture

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS

$99.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



Lenovo Thinkstation P330  Intel Core i7-8700 16GB 256+256=512GB WiFi With Screen picture

Lenovo Thinkstation P330 Intel Core i7-8700 16GB 256+256=512GB WiFi With Screen

$650.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00