-
patch knoppix kernel
I am trying to build a Knoppix CD with a patched kernel. I use knoppix 6.7.1. The reason for this project can be found at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...hardware-raid5.
I am familiar with the Remastering-Howto and I have done this a few times (only minor changes). Before applying kernel patches I would first like to rebuild the knoppix kernel and make a live CD from it. Step 2 would be to play around with kernel patches.
I went through http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Custom_Kernel_Howto but did not get the full picture yet. Some of the information seems outdated. The Howto mentions some knoppix specific patches beeing "on the CD". But where? Especially I am missing the information on the appropriate kernel source to install. After chrooting into /mnt/sda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX and apt-get update there is no know (meta-) package linux(-3.0.4) which can be easily installed. This is probably for a reason. Can anyone give me Information which source list I have to apt-cache and what I will have to install to rebuild the knoppix-Kernel?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30