Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: LXDE display glitch in 6.7.1

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    40

    LXDE display glitch in 6.7.1

    Every so often I boot either live USB or HD install and the WM has lost the surround on each window ... no title bar, so no minimise maximise or exit buttons, and no bottom or side edges. Cure is to reboot. Is there any command or action I can take to rectify this without rebooting?



  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Two suggestions:

    1) (Re-) start compiz with the menu entry from the "Preferences" menu

    2) Restart the Xserver with the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace key combination

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    Two suggestions:

    1) (Re-) start compiz with the menu entry from the "Preferences" menu

    2) Restart the Xserver with the Ctrl-Alt-Backspace key combination
    I get this problem every now and then. For my case, restart compiz does not fix the problem. Re-start Xserver can fix the problem but it's a little more painful. I always managed to fix the problem by doing this at any terminal windows :-

    Code:
       $ gtk-window-decorator --replace &
    I don't know why gtk-window-decorator misbehaved for my case. It is still running but it just misbehaved, so restarting compiz fixes nothing. If 'gtk-window-decorator' has died, then restarting compiz will fix the problem.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondarc View Post
    ... no title bar, so no minimise maximise or exit buttons, and no bottom or side edges...
    I have this problem on rare occasion and control-alt-backspace gets me going again.
    A little faster recovery than a reboot for me.

    I don't recall that re-starting Compiz fixed it for me, but I have limited some of Compiz's tricks.

    I suspect that the cure may depend somewhat on what you have for video hardware.
    Mine is Intel GM45.
    Last edited by utu; 12-01-2011 at 04:46 AM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    40
    Restarting Xwindow does it for me ... not Compiz ... this machine is quirky and a bit battered anyway, so nothing hardware related would surprise me ... Intel 945 Mobile, I think. So ... fixed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00