Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: cannot boot from knoppix 6.7 installed on HD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    cannot boot from knoppix 6.7 installed on HD

    Hi,
    I am new to knoppix coming from ubuntu, I like the liveCD version I wanted to install in one my Harddisk partition I boot from the knoppix 6.7 liveCD usb, and used the 0wn feature to install knoppix on HD everything went perfect except I didn't installed any bootloader as in my other Partition Ubuntu already has grub so I just update-grub to list Knoppix in grub.
    When I rebooted the pc I selected the Knoppix option but it only displays two lines and just hangs there like ever. The last line it displays is "Booting kernel"

    after that nothing happens please tell what to do since the LiveCD version of Knoppix is booting perfectly from USB but I cannot boot from the Installed version of it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I could be helpful to know the section of GRUB's configuration file you boot Knoppix with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested picture

Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested

$49.99



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested picture

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested

$210.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99