Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: cannot boot from knoppix 6.7 installed on HD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1

    cannot boot from knoppix 6.7 installed on HD

    Hi,
    I am new to knoppix coming from ubuntu, I like the liveCD version I wanted to install in one my Harddisk partition I boot from the knoppix 6.7 liveCD usb, and used the 0wn feature to install knoppix on HD everything went perfect except I didn't installed any bootloader as in my other Partition Ubuntu already has grub so I just update-grub to list Knoppix in grub.
    When I rebooted the pc I selected the Knoppix option but it only displays two lines and just hangs there like ever. The last line it displays is "Booting kernel"

    after that nothing happens please tell what to do since the LiveCD version of Knoppix is booting perfectly from USB but I cannot boot from the Installed version of it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I could be helpful to know the section of GRUB's configuration file you boot Knoppix with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box picture

Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box

$643.08



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Apple iBook G4 A1054 1.07GHz PowerPC G4 256MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11 picture

Apple iBook G4 A1054 1.07GHz PowerPC G4 256MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11

$52.47



Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items picture

Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items

$100.00



Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD picture

Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD

$299.99



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Vintage MAC Data Desk 101E Model 1069 Keyboard QWERTY Bundle with Box picture

Vintage MAC Data Desk 101E Model 1069 Keyboard QWERTY Bundle with Box

$99.99



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$224.10



Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB picture

Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB

$299.99