-
missing or old firmware packages
I found that knoppix did not have many firmware packages included, and these witch are included are old -(from stabele release). There are newer in backports (of course also in unstable and testing).
I think live distro should focus on supporting as meny hardware platforms as possible and including drivers and firmwares as many as possible is essential.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Greetings, marlas.
It would be helpful if you would be specific as to which firmware you have
found to be not up-to-date, or missing. I'm sure Klaus Knopper would be
glad to be made aware of this information.
-
All firmware form firmware-nonfree packages are in 0.28 verion in backports there is 0.32 version, in testing and unstable 0.34.
There are no firmware-linux-free package and others packages starting with firmware-... eg libertas myricom qlogic
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ marlas
I don't understand your complaint relative to Knoppix 6.7.1.
You can locate most any software that's available by choosing your repositories
and reloading Synaptic.
The availability of non-free firmware is not controlled by any Linux developer.
Of all the Linuxes, Knoppix has one of the best reputations in regard to the distribution
itself working with the widest assortment of computer hardware.
If you have a specific configuration problem, there are people in this forum
which can probably help, but you'll have to be more specific.
-
1. I have wifi card witch is not working because of old firmware in knoppix.
2. I can't dowload and install newer because I can't connect to internet, why - see 1.
And as I said. IMHO, old firmware in LIVE distribustion is something that should not happen.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black
$8.95

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99