Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: install to flash not complete

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    33
    Werner,

    I access the BIOS by hitting the DEL key. Once in the BIOS there are no actions available with
    the F8 or F10 key. Once in the BIOS I can select Advanced BIOS Features > Boot Sequence and Floppy Drives and then see the options

    > Hard Disk Boot Priority
    > First Boot Device
    > Second Boot Device
    > Third Boot Device

    The selections for Boot Device do NOT include USB HD or USB Flash.

    In the past, when things were working correctly, the USB Flash would show up in the Hard Disk Boot Priority list as USB-HDD0 . For some reason it no longer shows the device in the Boot Priority List.
    Very Strange.

    I am going to town later today to buy a USB Hard Drive and will install Knoppix on that drive. I once
    before had a Samsung S2 portable drive with Knoppix installed, but the drive crashed (probably a user
    error). I like having the system on a hard drive because it boots so much faster and I have plenty of
    room to install the Apache Server (LAMPP) and all of my web site files. Much easier to do development
    with a hard drive. Hope I don't have problems installing on the USB HD.

    Again, thanks for all your help. If I have further problems I will post.

    John

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I access the BIOS by hitting the DEL key. Once in the BIOS there are no actions available with
    the F8 or F10 key.
    Hallo John,
    I doesn't mean F8 or F12 within the BIOS setup. Many BIOS displays in the startup sequence for a very short time which key to use to alter the boot-device sequence.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC Unbuffered RAM Memory UDIMM M391A1K43BB2-CTDQ picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz ECC Unbuffered RAM Memory UDIMM M391A1K43BB2-CTDQ

$20.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working

$30.00



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99