-
install to flash not complete
I have been trying to install Knoppix 6.7 to a 4GB flash pen drive (Kingston). I have gone through
the procedure many times (>10) and have not been able to get a working system. I have tried the
install with just a single partition on the drive, and with multiple partitions.
Here is what I am seeing when I run flash-knoppix:
1. I get a prompt asking if I want to format the drive. I click yes - okay
2. I get a message that the partition is being formatted.
3. I get a message to the effect that a boot track is being written.
4. I get a message that data is being written. The progress bar goes to 75% and I get the
installation complete prompt.
When I reboot the computer, the drive is not recognized in the BIOS. I assume because the BIOS is
not seeing the device as bootable.
I have the same results when I try to install Knoppix 6.2 . Does anybody have a suggestion that will
help me out. I used to have a working Knoppix 3.6 but it broke. Had no problems when I installed
3.6
Thanks,
John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99