-
install to flash not complete
I have been trying to install Knoppix 6.7 to a 4GB flash pen drive (Kingston). I have gone through
the procedure many times (>10) and have not been able to get a working system. I have tried the
install with just a single partition on the drive, and with multiple partitions.
Here is what I am seeing when I run flash-knoppix:
1. I get a prompt asking if I want to format the drive. I click yes - okay
2. I get a message that the partition is being formatted.
3. I get a message to the effect that a boot track is being written.
4. I get a message that data is being written. The progress bar goes to 75% and I get the
installation complete prompt.
When I reboot the computer, the drive is not recognized in the BIOS. I assume because the BIOS is
not seeing the device as bootable.
I have the same results when I try to install Knoppix 6.2 . Does anybody have a suggestion that will
help me out. I used to have a working Knoppix 3.6 but it broke. Had no problems when I installed
3.6
Thanks,
John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99