-
Installing Virtualbox 4.0
Has anyone had any luck getting Virtualbox 4.X installed on Knoppix?
I was able to get the OSE version of Virtualbox up and running, however it lacks several features that I need to work.
I've tried apt-get install virtualbox, however this removes critical packages and ends up killing my Knoppix OS anyway and Virtualbox still doesn't run.
Any suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It would be helpful to know what version of Knoppix you are using.
I was able to get the OSE version of Virtualbox up and running
How did you install the VirtualBox OSE (apt-get, synaptic, aptitude or dpkg)?
Did you follow the instructions on the VirtualBox website for Debian-based Linux distributions?
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75