-
Senior Member
registered user
With the Knoppix V6.7.0 Live-CD I did the following.
My first step was to download keepnote_0.7.6-1_all.deb from the web page mentioned earlier in the other thread. I opened a terminal and issued
Code:
sudo dpkg -i /home/knoppix/Downloads/keepnote_0.7.6-1_all.deb
I got an error message concerning dependency issues. Many packages are updated since the release date of Knoppix V6.7.0. Therefore it is no wonder that you have to upgrade more packages than you can imagine. 
After some attempts I found the minimum of packages to be updated in order to be able to install the keepnote package.
In the terminal I issued
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -t testing install python-glade2 python-gtk2 python-numpy python-gnome2 libc6 locales python-gconf libc-bin libc6-dev libc-dev-bin gcc-4.6 libmpfr4 libquadmath0 libgomp1 libgcc1 cpp-4.6 gcc-4.6-base multiarch-support libgfortran3 libstdc++6
I got an error message about the running screensaver and another one about a serious problem concerning UNIONFS. My solution is to switch over to the console 1 and issue the following commands. (Because the graphical desktop environment will be terminated be sure that you do not have any other important program running.)
Usually you can change to the console 1 with the command in the terminal or by pressing the three keys Ctrl-Alt-F1 simultaneously.
The commands I issued in the console were
Code:
init 2
chroot /UNIONFS/
dpkg -a --configure
apt-get -t testing -f install
exit
init 5
I was back in the desktop environment. Then I issued
Code:
sudo apt-get -t testing install iceweasel
Afterwards I found the menu item "Iceweasel" in the "Internet" menu.
I hope this helps.
Last edited by klaus2008; 12-05-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core I9-14900K 14th Gen Desktop CPU Socket LGA 1700
$320.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00