-
Acer Aspire - cursor jumps around
I have Knoppix 6.7 installed on a USB boot drive created from the CD running on an Acer Aspire 7741Z laptop.
The cursor fairly consistently jumps around when typing. This is subjective, and the cursor is definitely temperamental with Windows 7 on the laptop, I'm pretty sure it is more consistently worse with Knoppix 6.7.
I had the same issue with ubuntu 11.10 and I'm not 100% sure about this, but seems the cursor is better after converting the touchpad to a regular mouse control (still used the touchpad).
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=touchpad
Anyone have a similar issue with the cursor jumping around more than normal on a laptop with a touchpad? I'm really not sure this has anything to do with the touchpad, but is irritating.
After this post, I'm going to try posting with Windows 7 on the same laptop and observe the behavior.
-
After experimenting back and forth between Windows 7 and Knoppix, I think the issue isn't the operating system at all, but that even though I was positive that my shirt cuff was not brushing the touchpad, I think is must have been. When I rolled up my sleeves, the issue went away. (at least for the latest round of tests)
<sigh>
-
This problem is because touchpads have become more sensitive to allow for gestures, I believe.
This is not just an Acer problem, my HP keeps doing it, very annoying.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super
$148.66

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99