-
Acer Aspire - cursor jumps around
I have Knoppix 6.7 installed on a USB boot drive created from the CD running on an Acer Aspire 7741Z laptop.
The cursor fairly consistently jumps around when typing. This is subjective, and the cursor is definitely temperamental with Windows 7 on the laptop, I'm pretty sure it is more consistently worse with Knoppix 6.7.
I had the same issue with ubuntu 11.10 and I'm not 100% sure about this, but seems the cursor is better after converting the touchpad to a regular mouse control (still used the touchpad).
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=touchpad
Anyone have a similar issue with the cursor jumping around more than normal on a laptop with a touchpad? I'm really not sure this has anything to do with the touchpad, but is irritating.
After this post, I'm going to try posting with Windows 7 on the same laptop and observe the behavior.
-
After experimenting back and forth between Windows 7 and Knoppix, I think the issue isn't the operating system at all, but that even though I was positive that my shirt cuff was not brushing the touchpad, I think is must have been. When I rolled up my sleeves, the issue went away. (at least for the latest round of tests)
<sigh>
-
This problem is because touchpads have become more sensitive to allow for gestures, I believe.
This is not just an Acer problem, my HP keeps doing it, very annoying.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$59.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99