Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix File Manager - New Folders ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127

    Knoppix File Manager - New Folders ?

    I must be missing something basic.

    Looking at the knoppix file manager, I don't see a menu choice, button or right click menu to create a new folder. Must be here, but I can't see it.

    Can someone give me a clue?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... right-Mouse-click on an empty area in the folder window.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    I'll be darn - I'd have bet money that I tried the right click in the right side multiple times. But I would have lost. Thanks for the tip. Sometimes the easy tips are the best - this was really bugging me.

    Thanks !!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Sorry, I hope this isn't (or maybe is) another case of where I'm missing the obvious. Creating folders works with the right click - thank you! How do we search for files and folders with file manager? I think I've examined all the menu choices, icons and right clicked everywhere I can think of.

    How do we search for files and folders with filemanager - PCManFM 0.9.8 ? Is there another utility that I should be using to manage files and folders?

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Is there another utility that I should be using to manage files and folders?
    Install "gnome-search-tool"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare picture

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare

$199.99



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS picture

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS

$100.00



5x Vintage Intel D8212 S1002 IC Chips 1975 Hong Kong P0153 P0982 picture

5x Vintage Intel D8212 S1002 IC Chips 1975 Hong Kong P0153 P0982

$99.99



Vintage Fujitsu Scrap Board with 4 CPU's for Gold Recovery picture

Vintage Fujitsu Scrap Board with 4 CPU's for Gold Recovery

$89.95



VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC picture

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC

$24.95



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00