Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix File Manager - New Folders ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127

    Knoppix File Manager - New Folders ?

    I must be missing something basic.

    Looking at the knoppix file manager, I don't see a menu choice, button or right click menu to create a new folder. Must be here, but I can't see it.

    Can someone give me a clue?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... right-Mouse-click on an empty area in the folder window.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    I'll be darn - I'd have bet money that I tried the right click in the right side multiple times. But I would have lost. Thanks for the tip. Sometimes the easy tips are the best - this was really bugging me.

    Thanks !!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Sorry, I hope this isn't (or maybe is) another case of where I'm missing the obvious. Creating folders works with the right click - thank you! How do we search for files and folders with file manager? I think I've examined all the menu choices, icons and right clicked everywhere I can think of.

    How do we search for files and folders with filemanager - PCManFM 0.9.8 ? Is there another utility that I should be using to manage files and folders?

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Is there another utility that I should be using to manage files and folders?
    Install "gnome-search-tool"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple AppleDesign Powered Speakers M6082 Single Beige 1993 Mac Audio picture

Vintage Apple AppleDesign Powered Speakers M6082 Single Beige 1993 Mac Audio

$24.99



Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010 picture

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010

$64.95



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia picture

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia

$15.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested picture

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested

$210.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00