-
Vote and Newbie Question
1) A simple downloadable as per current set up would be nice;
2) The newbie part: I recently tried to run Knoppix on my HP Omni 600. All went well. Then I thought I would download and install (on the HDD in the /home/knoppix directory) the Scilab package. I tried installing both the rpm and the tar.gz with no luck. In each case the laptop seemed to simply "lock up". So :
a) was what I was trying to do make sense? I have been through what I think were the pertinent parts of the FAQ and it isn't quite clear to me what I can do with the HDD; and
b) assuming I'm not out to lunch with a), what might be causing the problem? Are there logs created somewhere during a crash?
Again, if I'm off topic here just point me to the proper resource. TIA.
m
Similar Threads
-
By ldsguy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 10:13 PM
-
By Markp.com in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 02:53 PM
-
By jojo in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By Jeriko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99