-
upgrade kernel
Hello people,
I have created a remastered knoppix some time ago.
Now I want to update the kernel (now it is 2.6.32)
I searched google / internet etc, and found some stuff on the x64 kernel, but not a good tutorial how to update to kernel 3.1.6
Thx in advance!
WJP79
-
Hello people,
So I downloaded the kernel source from kernel archive. Extracted the kernel (3.2.0-rc6) it and did an "make menuconfig" and "make"
But now if I want to create an ISO file I get the following error:
"WARNING: Couldn't open directory .//initrd/lib/modules/3.2.0-rc6: No such file or directory"
I read somewhere I need to compile the modules against the new kernel, but I dont know how.
Still searching google, but if someone could point me in the right direction..
Tnx.
WJP79
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
wjp79
Hello people,
So I downloaded the kernel source from kernel archive. Extracted the kernel (3.2.0-rc6) it and did an "make menuconfig" and "make"
But now if I want to create an ISO file I get the following error:
"WARNING: Couldn't open directory .//initrd/lib/modules/3.2.0-rc6: No such file or directory"
I read somewhere I need to compile the modules against the new kernel, but I dont know how.
Still searching google, but if someone could point me in the right direction..
Tnx.
WJP79
Yeah there is a need for a howto compile Knoppix kernel. Unfortunately, I am not aware that there is such a howto anywhere. You can't just take the kernel source from http://www.kernel.org and expect it to work with knoppix.
Knoppix need to be patched with :-
1. aufs - google 'aufs3' for source download location
2. cloop - maintained by Klaus Knopper, either it is somewhere in some debian repository or you can ask from knoppix maillist.
And the sources for these two modules you have to download them separately
As for your "no such file or directory" problem, it is to do with you did not provide the needed files from your kernel compilation.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$99.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00