Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: upgrade kernel

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stiens (FRL) Netherlands
    Posts
    27
    Hello people,

    So I downloaded the kernel source from kernel archive. Extracted the kernel (3.2.0-rc6) it and did an "make menuconfig" and "make"
    But now if I want to create an ISO file I get the following error:

    "WARNING: Couldn't open directory .//initrd/lib/modules/3.2.0-rc6: No such file or directory"

    I read somewhere I need to compile the modules against the new kernel, but I dont know how.
    Still searching google, but if someone could point me in the right direction..

    Tnx.

    WJP79

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by wjp79 View Post
    Hello people,

    So I downloaded the kernel source from kernel archive. Extracted the kernel (3.2.0-rc6) it and did an "make menuconfig" and "make"
    But now if I want to create an ISO file I get the following error:

    "WARNING: Couldn't open directory .//initrd/lib/modules/3.2.0-rc6: No such file or directory"

    I read somewhere I need to compile the modules against the new kernel, but I dont know how.
    Still searching google, but if someone could point me in the right direction..

    Tnx.

    WJP79
    Yeah there is a need for a howto compile Knoppix kernel. Unfortunately, I am not aware that there is such a howto anywhere. You can't just take the kernel source from http://www.kernel.org and expect it to work with knoppix.

    Knoppix need to be patched with :-
    1. aufs - google 'aufs3' for source download location
    2. cloop - maintained by Klaus Knopper, either it is somewhere in some debian repository or you can ask from knoppix maillist.

    And the sources for these two modules you have to download them separately

    As for your "no such file or directory" problem, it is to do with you did not provide the needed files from your kernel compilation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99