Having reviewed this thread, I offer this summary, FWIW.

I have a Dell 1545 that's about two years old. It has a Broadcom wifi
which uses the wl driver. Knoppixes from 6.2 through 6.7.1, luckily
for me, work without any attention on my part to identify and to
install this driver. Very few other Linuxes do so without a LOT of
extra effort.

However, I observe that getting the right match for a Broadcom wifi
can be a tricky matter. I recommend the following reference in sorting
this out, at least insofar as deciding which Dells work with wl:
http://www.broadcom.com/docs/linux_sta/README.txt

In my case, lspci -n | grep 14e4 gives 0c:00.0 0280: 14e4:4315 (rev 01)
and I did not need to dis-install any other drivers nor change any
blacklists.

This thread shows how Alphonsu worked through this problem for a
situation that required actually removing some conflicting drivers
as suggested in the Broadcom reference. His post #19 seems to spell-out
the secret to solving his problem.

If all else fails, perhaps a personal message to Klaus2008 may get
you some competent and patient help.