-
Knoppix 64 and saving data on a crashed winblows 7
Hi Guy's,
Today my 64 bit computer I built has crashed big time and ubuntu 64 keeps saying the HD is corrupted and can't access it. I do have a 32 bit Knoppix disk here which is gold and has saved the day many times but it won't load on the 64 bit computer.
Now for the big question with the NFTS filesystem corrupt will Knoppix 64 see the HD so I can save several DVD's of data before I Dban the HD and install linux on as winblows 7 has had it's last day in this house.
I did find with my 32 bit 5.1.1 version it is a great live CD to use to save data etc but thats all it is good for. Now with the 64 bit version is there an option to use it as an OS as I do feel it beats Ubuntu hands down for performance and I have told my missus winblows 7 is gone for ever and you better get used to Linux.
Kind Regards Bryan
and Happy New Year Guy's
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98