Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't update threads

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7

    Question Can't update threads

    Hi,

    For some reason I can't post reply's to threads

    Appear to be able to raise new threads (such as this), but from [Reply] my reply's don't show. I can edit them on screen and they preview ok. [Submit] shows a confirmation message, but the posts don't show - either in the reply count or when viewing.

    Is there something I need to change or add to my profile?
    I have tried from within Knoppix, installed and live, using Ice Weasel and Chromium, and from within Windows - same results from each environment.
    Please advise.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    Hi, I just sent you a PM about this.

    Unfortunately, due to masses of spam we now pre-moderate all new user posts and these don't get made public till a mod gets a chance to look at them and approve/delete.

    Sorry for any inconvenience.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7
    Hi Clinton,

    I understand. Many thanks for the explanation and sorting things out - I was starting to doubt what I had seen & pressed

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    The welcome email does say that new user posts are pre-moderated. But maybe it wasn't clear enough. I've just changed the wording to explain that every new user post is held privately till a moderator approves it for public viewing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50