-
Writing files to an DVD(-RW)
Hi there,
I'm trying to rescue an old pc whose installation has been "destroyed" and is simply stuck. Now I have made a DVD disk with knoppix 6.7.1. And gained access to the documents on my old pc. However as the size is decently large (8-9 GB) I would like to write those to another dvd.
So I inserted another empty dvd into the drive, however nothing happens. If I use an already written dvd it works, however an empty dvd simply does not. What action do I have to undertake to let knoppix know I'm trying to write a dvd?
-
Well, I tried another time, and now the filesystem recognizes the dvd.. Starting brasero however fails when trying to write the dvd.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I guess you will need a second DVD drive to make that method work - Knoppix needs the DVD content when run (not only booted) from DVD. You could instead run from an USB stick (use the Install Knoppix to flash disk in the Preferences submenu), and burn what you need. If you can't boot from the stick, use the fromhd cheatcode at the boot prompt upon DVD boot.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99