-
configure xsane image scanning on knoppix 6.7.0 on flash drive
I am operating xsane on ubuntu 11.04 and now I am configuring knoppix 6.7.0 on a flash drive. I have configured everything from evolution to tvtime to autokey-to xmarks and more. It operates flawlessly. All I have left is my scanner and knoppix xsane is unable to locate it.
Will appreciate any tips on configuring this
-
Senior Member
registered user
Without any more data on the scanner, it would be hard for me to make suggestions even if I had known a lot about scanners and xsane, and I don't! 
Part of the reason I don't know anything, is that I have had no problems with xsane scanners in recent Knoppix releases, they just work. One might suspect some program error here.
But, as Ubuntu 11.04 should be very close to 6.7.0, I suggest you collect as much information from the working configuration as you can, and then try to figure out what goes wrong in Knoppix. Eventually try to manually configure it the same way as it is in Ubuntu. You might even try installing Ubuntu's drivers etc. Taking a backup copy of your persistent store before you try will let you rollback if something gets broken.
Good luck!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99