-
Senior Member
registered user
An interesting thread
.
An interesting thread with comments by
both Klaus Knopper & Gilles van Ruymbeke.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2012/01/
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re Ryumbeke's method: I just tried running a virtual machine (WinXP) from a nominally very fast USB3 stick under remastered 6.7.1, but I had to use a hard disk drive instead to get it to work satisfactorily. Running Knoppix from the stick went very well, however. So, external SSD USB3 mounted is probably the most robust way to do it.
He seems to use the "cloop chain" method (can of course also be used with squashfs), also mentioned elsewhere recently, and I think having a completely pristine OS to boot (as an alternative which Knoppix always allows) may be a good idea. As there is nothing particularly worthful in the original Knoppix cloop, I personally prefer recreating the cloop image. For example, just the deb package database takes around 400 MB in the DVD image, and that is mostly dead space after performing some extra installs. Likewise, programs may be mostly dead after upgrading - therefore, I may easily end up with, say, 1-2 GB of unnecessary occupied space if I don't recreate the cloop.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

YEASTAR MODEL TA2400 NEOGATE VOIP ANALOG FXS GATEWAY WITH 24 CHANNEL PHONE/FAX
$250.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99