-
Senior Member
registered user
Re Ryumbeke's method: I just tried running a virtual machine (WinXP) from a nominally very fast USB3 stick under remastered 6.7.1, but I had to use a hard disk drive instead to get it to work satisfactorily. Running Knoppix from the stick went very well, however. So, external SSD USB3 mounted is probably the most robust way to do it.
He seems to use the "cloop chain" method (can of course also be used with squashfs), also mentioned elsewhere recently, and I think having a completely pristine OS to boot (as an alternative which Knoppix always allows) may be a good idea. As there is nothing particularly worthful in the original Knoppix cloop, I personally prefer recreating the cloop image. For example, just the deb package database takes around 400 MB in the DVD image, and that is mostly dead space after performing some extra installs. Likewise, programs may be mostly dead after upgrading - therefore, I may easily end up with, say, 1-2 GB of unnecessary occupied space if I don't recreate the cloop.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99