As far as I know, most versions of Knoppix have Scribus on it already. Certainly the newer ones do. If for some reason you don't have it, you should be able to get it with apt.
apt-get install scribus
Can anyone tell me how to install scribus, I have the tarball, but don't know what to do with it...
Thank you!
As far as I know, most versions of Knoppix have Scribus on it already. Certainly the newer ones do. If for some reason you don't have it, you should be able to get it with apt.
apt-get install scribus
I thought 3.2 (which is the one I have) had it from an earlier post, but I couldn't find it on the KDE menu. Would it be anywhere counter intuitive?
Thanks
Hmm. I really don't use the menu much. You can run it from a shell or use my favorite shortcut: Alt + F2 - Then type the name of the program you want to run and hit enter.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Here's another tip. Run kappfinder. It should scan for menu entries and add entries for applications which currently aren't in your menu but are installed on your box.
Thanks!
Hey, that works, it's there, but not on the Kmenu - kappfinder worked wonders, and unearthed a whole load of stuff I didn't know I had!
Thanks!

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server
$135.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
Ubuntu 26.04 LTS – 3 DVD Set Desktop - Server - Studio Edition - Grade AAA+
$13.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00