I downloaded 6.7.0 and IceWeasel works fine on the same system. Not sure what happened with the prior download or version. All is well.
IceWeasel will not load any webpages. ifconfig shows that network address and gateway are assigned. I can ping the gateway device which is ATT DSL/wireless combo rtr. The rtr is able to ping and DNS lookup sites from the utilities. From within Knoppix I can ping google.com however I cannot browse to it or any other sites using IceWeasel. When I boot back into Ubuntu 11.10 I am able to access web pages via the browser.
I've checked the proxy settings on IceWeasel and all appear to be correct. I've tried none and system default for no affect. I am able to use Pidgin and connect to gtalk as well.
Any suggestions?
I downloaded 6.7.0 and IceWeasel works fine on the same system. Not sure what happened with the prior download or version. All is well.

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W Unused
$189.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95