I think there are some reasons not to install on HD.
Check THIS:
Toshiba Satellite c655d-5243; ((AMD64)) C-50 Dual Core/3GB DDR3/AMD graphics card/
Installed Linux Mint 12 flawlessly to the full drive, rebooted and inserted the Knoppix 6.7.1 CD with .ISO on it, BIOS boot from CD/DVD, ran {{{ran KNOPPIX64}}} from the prompt instead of local boot because the local boot will crash just like the Install. So I GPARTED, ripped off 40GB of Linux Mint 12 partition; ripped another 3GB for swapspace, formatted to REISERFS the other 37GB. Install went fine. Reboot to Mint 12, Sudo Update-grub...all fine, reboot in GRUB and chose the Knoppix partition for boot, booted up to a screen listen to what I describe because I can't find anything on Google about this specific problem.
It's a mostly white background, but the top 150~ pixels or so, is a black background, with white pink and other colors scattered loosely, the white background is darker pixels alot of red or pink, tightly knit, and the mouse cursor is a white moving block of about 120 pixels with black scattered about, and I get initiating startup sequence. NOW REMEMBER, I WAS ABLE to get this same problem when booting without the parameters "knoppix64"...so what do I do? If anyone can help please and thank you. Thanks all for reading. -BEBO![]()
I think there are some reasons not to install on HD.
Check THIS:

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00