-
Knoppix 6.7.1 CD | HDD install; Welcome screen is just LOTS OF PIXELS; test screens;
Toshiba Satellite c655d-5243; ((AMD64)) C-50 Dual Core/3GB DDR3/AMD graphics card/
Installed Linux Mint 12 flawlessly to the full drive, rebooted and inserted the Knoppix 6.7.1 CD with .ISO on it, BIOS boot from CD/DVD, ran {{{ran KNOPPIX64}}} from the prompt instead of local boot because the local boot will crash just like the Install. So I GPARTED, ripped off 40GB of Linux Mint 12 partition; ripped another 3GB for swapspace, formatted to REISERFS the other 37GB. Install went fine. Reboot to Mint 12, Sudo Update-grub...all fine, reboot in GRUB and chose the Knoppix partition for boot, booted up to a screen listen to what I describe because I can't find anything on Google about this specific problem.
It's a mostly white background, but the top 150~ pixels or so, is a black background, with white pink and other colors scattered loosely, the white background is darker pixels alot of red or pink, tightly knit, and the mouse cursor is a white moving block of about 120 pixels with black scattered about, and I get initiating startup sequence. NOW REMEMBER, I WAS ABLE to get this same problem when booting without the parameters "knoppix64"...so what do I do? If anyone can help please and thank you. Thanks all for reading. -BEBO
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SDRAM PC4-2133P 288-Pin DIMM HMA41GU7AFR8N-TF
$65.00

Samsung 32GB Total. 1Rx8 PC5-4800B DDR5 4800MHz SODIMM Laptop Memory 2x16gb
$369.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Lot of 20 Micron 16GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1 320GB
$2399.99

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98