I think there are some reasons not to install on HD.
Check THIS:
Toshiba Satellite c655d-5243; ((AMD64)) C-50 Dual Core/3GB DDR3/AMD graphics card/
Installed Linux Mint 12 flawlessly to the full drive, rebooted and inserted the Knoppix 6.7.1 CD with .ISO on it, BIOS boot from CD/DVD, ran {{{ran KNOPPIX64}}} from the prompt instead of local boot because the local boot will crash just like the Install. So I GPARTED, ripped off 40GB of Linux Mint 12 partition; ripped another 3GB for swapspace, formatted to REISERFS the other 37GB. Install went fine. Reboot to Mint 12, Sudo Update-grub...all fine, reboot in GRUB and chose the Knoppix partition for boot, booted up to a screen listen to what I describe because I can't find anything on Google about this specific problem.
It's a mostly white background, but the top 150~ pixels or so, is a black background, with white pink and other colors scattered loosely, the white background is darker pixels alot of red or pink, tightly knit, and the mouse cursor is a white moving block of about 120 pixels with black scattered about, and I get initiating startup sequence. NOW REMEMBER, I WAS ABLE to get this same problem when booting without the parameters "knoppix64"...so what do I do? If anyone can help please and thank you. Thanks all for reading. -BEBO![]()
I think there are some reasons not to install on HD.
Check THIS:

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$59.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00