I think there are some reasons not to install on HD.
Check THIS:
Toshiba Satellite c655d-5243; ((AMD64)) C-50 Dual Core/3GB DDR3/AMD graphics card/
Installed Linux Mint 12 flawlessly to the full drive, rebooted and inserted the Knoppix 6.7.1 CD with .ISO on it, BIOS boot from CD/DVD, ran {{{ran KNOPPIX64}}} from the prompt instead of local boot because the local boot will crash just like the Install. So I GPARTED, ripped off 40GB of Linux Mint 12 partition; ripped another 3GB for swapspace, formatted to REISERFS the other 37GB. Install went fine. Reboot to Mint 12, Sudo Update-grub...all fine, reboot in GRUB and chose the Knoppix partition for boot, booted up to a screen listen to what I describe because I can't find anything on Google about this specific problem.
It's a mostly white background, but the top 150~ pixels or so, is a black background, with white pink and other colors scattered loosely, the white background is darker pixels alot of red or pink, tightly knit, and the mouse cursor is a white moving block of about 120 pixels with black scattered about, and I get initiating startup sequence. NOW REMEMBER, I WAS ABLE to get this same problem when booting without the parameters "knoppix64"...so what do I do? If anyone can help please and thank you. Thanks all for reading. -BEBO![]()
I think there are some reasons not to install on HD.
Check THIS:

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i5-13400F 10 Core 16 Thread Processor SRMBN
$126.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00