Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Supported Video and Net

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6

    Supported Video and Net

    Hi all!
    I am new to Knoppix, though, not new to Unix. I am a long-time Slackware user and I am trying to use Knoppix to help install gentoo. See, my network interface is not supported by Gentoo, and I need it to do the install. It is a Linksys WUSB11 v. 2.6. Is this supported by Knoppix? I couldn't seem to bring it up.
    Also, I ran the CD in my desktop and I was told, by a kernel message, that no appropriate X-server could be found. This is strange both because it worked in Slack and RedHat and because it was identified by Knoppix early on. It is a ATI Radeon card. Any advice? The xserver eventually booted to a grey screen, but nothing more.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Other than that, I think that you did a really cool thing with Knoppix. Keep up the good work! I will be letting all my friends who want to try Linux know about Knoppix!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6

    Ok...

    Ok, I got the monitor to work. Looks great so far. However, even after following some instructions posted by probono, I can't seem to get my adapter to work. I just keep getting the message "interface does not exist". Any help is appreciated.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I dunno this might be of some assistance.

Similar Threads

  1. S3 Savage4 Video - not supported??? (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:47 PM
  2. Speedstream NIC not supported?
    By NickC in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 06:47 PM
  3. Card not supported??
    By qman_txun in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
  4. (Video) "Mode not supported"
    By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95