Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Install RDC or Vino or XRDP on USB Install

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Question Install RDC or Vino or XRDP on USB Install

    I am absolutely new to Knoppix. I am fairly new to Linux, having only used it since about '04 - SUSE, openSUSE, Ubuntu.

    I wanted a live USB distribution that I could easily use to transport files on my 16G USB keychain. I installed Knoppix from the DVD I got in Linux Pro Magazine (http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/). I used the Install to USB function from the live DVD.

    Now, I added 4GB of persistent storage as well as a separate 4GB Truecrypt container.

    I want to install some form of remote desktop. Googling doesn't seem to lead me to an answer. I tried - without any success - to simply sudo apt-get install vino. Of course, I have no repositories.

    Googling doesn't seem to bring up what Knoppix repositories I can use. I see I can use Debian repos, but what version of Debian is Knoppix 6.7?


    TIA!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    You need a working internet connection. Before you can use the package management software 'apt-get' you must issue
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    The default Debian distribution of Knoppix 6.7 is called 'squeeze', but very often you must use the '-t testing' option of apt-get because many packages are taken from the Debian testing ('wheezy') distribution.

  3. #3
    Thank you! I think I got it.

    Another thing I did was use the DVD to re-install. The one thing I really wanted was an RDC program. I have that now.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99