Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Copying files and folders using Koppix

  1. #1

    Copying files and folders using Koppix

    I seem to be able to copy single files. Is it possible to copy entire folders from a non bootable Windows system using Koppix?

    Joe.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, joe.

    If you are just getting started, you might look at the section
    'Exploring files and directories', which shows an example of
    copying one directory to another,at the following link:

    http://linux.bz/commandline/examples/en

    And there are a few other useful commands there as well.

  3. #3
    Thank you for your response. I'm using the Koppix version 6 file manager. Booting from the Koppix CD I can see my windows "MyDocuments" folder. I wondered how or if it possible to copy this folder to a USB drive? As I said I can do this with a single individual file but I can see no way of copying folders.

    Joe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB  SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5

SANDISK ULTRA 3D NAND 1TB SSD SATA III 6 GB/S 2.5" /7 (SDSSDH3-1T02)

$138.56



WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD picture

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD

$40.00