Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: 6.7.1 Remastering

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110

    6.7.1 Remastering

    Is there an "How to" for this version! The steps found at www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remastering seems to not work with 6.7.1. I copy and paste each step and all seems to go well. When the iso is built the file is only 10-11 mgb. I can burn the ISO and when it starts to load processor specs and such things go wrong. I see searcging USB and /dev/sda1 and then it complains about /mnt-system. Is there an, updated resource for the 6.7.1 CD?
    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Did you use Knoppix Remastering Howto and do you want to remaster CD or DVD?
    You are the first one who has problems with the new description
    But i'll test it by myself this night.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Yes that is the correct link. I did try both DVD and CD. I used DVD first then CD. I saw no changes in the commands nor results from both. I may have a more simple need. I pxe boot 6.7.1 via a CentOs server. I have the "big Knoppix file" within the tftpboot folder. Im a little uncertain on the big file and the minirt.gz. Which one is the boot image? I would assume if the minirt.gz is the image for pxe boot as compared to the cd or dvd being the image for a standard boot from disk, that the file could be extracted, chroot into, install my packages that I need, then compressed back that my changes would be made? Or the same for the big Knoppix file? Can you explain.
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Knoppix 6.7.1 have no longer symlinks in '/mnt/' to '/media/'; therefore I changed all to '/media/sda1/knx/' within Knoppix Remastering Howto
    '/usr/bin/create_compressed_fs' is now '/usr/sbin/create_compressed_fs'.

    Be aware: all in Old stuff of this HowTo may work or no; I didn't tested it.
    Perhaps you may have a look at my page.

    Greetings Werner

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Thanks for that info. I feel the compressed_fs is where it went wrong. I did correct the mount points to reflect media rather than mnt. I will make the change on the command for compressed fs and see what happen. Would missing that have cause the iso to be really small? That would explain why it only created an iso of 10-11 Mgb.
    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Since your update to the remaster to reflect media rather than mnt all operation/commands on that how to page work exactly. The iso is now bootbable via virtual box and via burned cd.
    Now is there a way to make Virtual Box boot into the chroot rather than working inside the terminal. Ideas.

  7. #7
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Some times ago I also worked with "chroot"; but now I found, it's easier to make changes in a real Knoppix HD-Installation for remaster purpose.

    Greetings Werner

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Ive found an issue. Within VBox I build my virtual disk and mount the cd.iso. I have the virtual pc boot to the iso(cd). Once booted the partions goes well but when it starts to copy files it seems to be copying from my physical cd drive and not from the iso that booted the virtual machine. Im booted physically with a dvd. I hope thats not confusing!

  9. #9
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Yes, it is very confusing and I cannot follow, what you really did. Please describe all once more step by step and tell us, which "Remastering" you are using.

    Greetings Werner

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    I had booted using an DVD. I open VBox and build a VM that boots from the CDs iso. Within the booted cd iso (within VBox) I select HD Install. It seems that within this install the VM is using the DVD that booted the pc rather than the CD which is booting the VM. Does that help make sense? (the operation aborts shortky after the files start to copy to the virtual disk) I feel this is because the VM is using/looking at the physical DVD/CD drive rather than the VMs CD iso in which it booted with.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 400 Computer System  console with Power Supply TESTED and Working picture

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working

$150.00