Yes, it is very confusing and I cannot follow, what you really did. Please describe all once more step by step and tell us, which "Remastering" you are using.
Greetings Werner
Yes, it is very confusing and I cannot follow, what you really did. Please describe all once more step by step and tell us, which "Remastering" you are using.
Greetings Werner
I had booted using an DVD. I open VBox and build a VM that boots from the CDs iso. Within the booted cd iso (within VBox) I select HD Install. It seems that within this install the VM is using the DVD that booted the pc rather than the CD which is booting the VM. Does that help make sense? (the operation aborts shortky after the files start to copy to the virtual disk) I feel this is because the VM is using/looking at the physical DVD/CD drive rather than the VMs CD iso in which it booted with.
In the meantime I have had contact with the OP per email. The problem is solved. The new version of "kn-remaster" can also handle with Knoppix DVD.
I used it in a separate partition of 30 GB on my Laptop with 4 GB RAM, not only with Knoppix but also with Knoppix64 HD installation. It also works in a VirtualBox using 2 GB for the host.
Greetings Werner
Since Solved now its very easy to make your custom ISO using CD or DVD.
Step 1, boot from iso.
Step 2, Install to hd.
Step 3, reboot into hd.
Step 4, make your changes.
Step 5, install kn-remaster script.
Step 6, run kn-remaster.
Follow kn-remaster steps by prompts on screen in order.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$305.01
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99