-
I wasing using apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade and it asked my Y/n if it should delete kde3 packages. I answered yes, then realized I should have said NO!!!. Oops. All kde packages were deleted and no NEW KDE packages were installed. Wish there was a site, that allowed one to apt-get or dpkg and recover back to having the KDE packages again. I am working through installing many KDE packages from www.debian.org website to get back to the Knoppix 3.2 system I had before. I would like to pick and choose to upgrade packages I use to Knoppix 3.3 9-24-2003 English version of Knoppix.
I will continue reading and using the following commands. It was much easier to download the
packages to directory /root/debs and then using the KPACKAGE to install these debian packages. Is there a method to get the FULL set KDE packages that Knoppix 3.3 has installed on a Hard Disk Knoppix 3.2 (June 27, 2003 English version) after letting install program "apt-get" remove them
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install "package"
Read more about APT-GET here http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#apt-howto
I found that downloading a "package.DEB " file from a debian website to directory
/root/debs and then using the program KPACKAGE to open up the "package.DEB" file and then install that package was very easy to do. I liked the KPACKAGE tool because I understood what it was doing.
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/re...#s-apt-install
I will be reading the manual above and looking at more posts dealing with apt-get and KDE issues.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2749#13110
Anybody have KINO version 0.6.4 compiled and running on your system?
Fred Finster
Similar Threads
-
By gpirujo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:15 PM
-
By benlau in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 04:11 AM
-
By EL Henry in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
-
By mrjohnston in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 11:55 PM
-
By bhsx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$899.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895
$77.97

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J
$70.00