Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Terminal Server

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110

    Terminal Server

    I have knoppix installed to hd with termianl services running. I have added packages to knoppix but yet the clients that boot from this machine doesnt see the packages. How can I resolve. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think that you have to remaster the huge KNOPPIX file with your additional packages inside and copy your new KNOPPIX file to the proper place.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    "Remaster the huge KNOPPIX file" Any ideas on how thats done. I see the file. Do you mean mount that file and ?. Im totaly lost as how to modify that file. I understand the remaster after extracting the iso to a dir and chroot into it. Then make changes. But how do I modify the KNOPPIX file?
    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by itman007 View Post
    "Remaster the huge KNOPPIX file" Any ideas on how thats done. I see the file. Do you mean mount that file and ?. Im totaly lost as how to modify that file. I understand the remaster after extracting the iso to a dir and chroot into it. Then make changes. But how do I modify the KNOPPIX file?
    Thanks,
    Resolved by doing these steps:
    http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95