-
using knoppix to retrieve files
Hello, I've been having trouble booting my computer lately so I downloaded Knoppix to boot from so that I could retrieve my files. Late last night I threw in the disk and loaded it up and everything worked perfectly. I went to bed and had planned to run off to get a portable hard drive once I woke. Unfortunately I woke to a frozen screen with what looked like fireworks. I shut the computer down and rebooted and everything seemed fine, I heard the boot voice and everything but after that nothing showed up on my monitor. My monitor kept cycling through "digital", "analog" and off. I have a feeling that Knoppix is still running fine it's just a problem with the monitor. I tried using the failsafe code and it loads to the desktop but I cannot use my mouse or keyboard.
Does anyone have any hints?
Thanks ahead of time!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 MEMORY
$219.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96