-
using knoppix to retrieve files
Hello, I've been having trouble booting my computer lately so I downloaded Knoppix to boot from so that I could retrieve my files. Late last night I threw in the disk and loaded it up and everything worked perfectly. I went to bed and had planned to run off to get a portable hard drive once I woke. Unfortunately I woke to a frozen screen with what looked like fireworks. I shut the computer down and rebooted and everything seemed fine, I heard the boot voice and everything but after that nothing showed up on my monitor. My monitor kept cycling through "digital", "analog" and off. I have a feeling that Knoppix is still running fine it's just a problem with the monitor. I tried using the failsafe code and it loads to the desktop but I cannot use my mouse or keyboard.
Does anyone have any hints?
Thanks ahead of time!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00