-
using knoppix to retrieve files
Hello, I've been having trouble booting my computer lately so I downloaded Knoppix to boot from so that I could retrieve my files. Late last night I threw in the disk and loaded it up and everything worked perfectly. I went to bed and had planned to run off to get a portable hard drive once I woke. Unfortunately I woke to a frozen screen with what looked like fireworks. I shut the computer down and rebooted and everything seemed fine, I heard the boot voice and everything but after that nothing showed up on my monitor. My monitor kept cycling through "digital", "analog" and off. I have a feeling that Knoppix is still running fine it's just a problem with the monitor. I tried using the failsafe code and it loads to the desktop but I cannot use my mouse or keyboard.
Does anyone have any hints?
Thanks ahead of time!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

B85M-G Motherboard Intel Core i7-4770 CPU LGA1150 mATX 4 DIMM IO Shield
$75.96