-
Member
knoppix-data.aes to knoppix-data.img and vice versa...
I'd like to copy all my data stored in knoppix-data.aes to a new knoppix-data.img (without aes password asked before mounting it)
I need to prepare for my wife a knoppix USB with all my already installed application and setting but without using (my) password protected knoppix-data.aes
I've tryed this:
- create a new 2GB knoppix-data.img using:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1/knoppix-data.img bs=1M count=2048
losetup /dev/loop6 knoppix-data.img
mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop6
mkdir /mnt/work
mount /dev/loop6 /mnt/work
cp -R /mnt-system/KNOPPIX-DATA/* /mnt/work
umount /mnt/work && losetup -d /dev/loop6
Then removing knoppix-data.aes and move new knoppix-data.img in KNOPPIX folder
Boot ok but fails start x.org server and system show me only black screen.
I heve to CTRL+ALT+F1 and so I can shutdown
Something wrong ?
Thanks for any help
-
Did you boot Knoppix once more with cheatcode "knoppix noimage" before:
Then removing knoppix-data.aes and move new knoppix-data.img in KNOPPIX folder
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster)
-
Member
-
Member
Solved !!!
Well, here my new procedure...and it's work !!
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt-system/knoppix-data.img bs=1M count=2048
losetup /dev/loop6 /mnt-system/knoppix-data.img
mkfs.ext2 /dev/loop6
losetup -d /dev/loop6
mkdir /mnt-system/work
mount -o loop=/dev/loop6 /mnt-system/knoppix-data.img /mnt-system/work
rsync -ax /KNOPPIX-DATA/ /mnt-system/work
e2fsck -fy /dev/loop6 # I don't know if it's necessary
Bye
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

fanxiang S660 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD w/ Heatsink Gray
$120.00