Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Extundelete won't install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Extundelete won't install

    I figured my thumbdrive distro (KNOPPIX) would be the best place to have a utility to recover any files I might accidentally delete from my ext4 partitions.

    But, I get unresolved dependencies related to e2fs when I try to install it. I checked with dumpe2fs and I have the version needed according to the extundelte website.

    <rant>Why is is SO EXTREMELY HARD to install ANYTHING??? If you download the source, you have to go through the whole makefile mess which requires (among other things) a bunch of packages which aren't in the repos, or you can try the package route and end up with unresolved dependencies! </rant>

    Is there a guide anywhere on how to actually get stuff other people wrote to compile in Linux?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, thumbdrive.

    What was the process you used to 'install' extundelete?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings again, thumbdrive.

    Using Synaptic, I notice the following:
    extundelete has 5 dependencies;
    the first dependency, e2fslibs >= 1.41.99, is currently unmet; but,
    this unmet dependency has a solution in the testing repo.

    I would expect Synaptic to install extundelete AND to upgrade e2fslibs
    if it has access to the testing repo.

    I suggest you give Synaptic a try if you haven't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair

$88.75



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 800XL Home Computer. S-Video out Tested and Works picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer. S-Video out Tested and Works

$150.00



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95