:x I have the exact same problem. I read somewhere you can save the config on /dev/hda1 but when you go to the back up config utility in KDE it doesn't give you that option. Maybe someone will post a solution.
Cheers
I am unable to restore saved Knoppic configurations from a floppy disk. I have used floppy's formatted to DOS and ext2 and had no luck. I'm using Knoppix v3.2-2003-06-06-EN.
I've tried pression the F2 key on boot and typing "knoppix myconfig=scan" and "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" and it fails both ways. Here are the messages from the boot screen.
Checking /mnt/ for Knoppix configuration files...
Filesystem not autodetected, trying to mount /dev/ with AES256 encryption
/dev/ Is a directory
Mount failed, retry? [Y,n]
I'd really like to be able to save and restore Knoppix configurations. Does anyone else have this problem?
-jb
:x I have the exact same problem. I read somewhere you can save the config on /dev/hda1 but when you go to the back up config utility in KDE it doesn't give you that option. Maybe someone will post a solution.
Cheers
I currently store Knoppix's configuration, and home directory, on a USB memory key. It works well with the current version even though the floppy disk save does not.Originally Posted by spazzman
I have a simple USB v1.1 key with no hidden partitions.
-jb
Found out from another thread on this forum that "Knoppix myconfig=" will not work if you want to save your working config to floppy. You have to use " Knoppix floppyconf " when you boot up. Save your config to floppy with the utility provided in KDE.
Try this it worked for me
Spazzman
I looked everywhere (including the archives) when I first ran across this problem.Originally Posted by spazzman
It certainly does work.Originally Posted by spazzman
I guess somebody updated the program, but forgot to update the Save Configuration dialog and the Boot-Up help screen.
Thanks for posting back.
-jb
Hopefully that will be solved I have filed a bug report in the Bugzilla and updated the cheat codes to reflect the changes that have been found.Originally Posted by jBeach

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Apple Macintosh 512K 1MB MacSnap SCSI 128K ROM 800K + 400K Drive Keyboard Mouse
$995.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus
$12.99
Apple Macintosh M0110 Keyboard, TESTED, WORKING; for Mac 128K, 512K, Plus - DW
$71.99
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99